ABOUT RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRANSACTIONS
Adding real estate to an investment portfolio can provide individuals and businesses with the opportunity to diversify, find healthy returns, and earn additional income. Having a trusted attorney as part of your real estate team can help you achieve your real estate goals. Our real estate lawyers can provide value throughout the transaction, including:
- For an individual transaction, an LLC is often recommended. However, each client is evaluated to their specific circumstances and goals, and our attorneys can also structure Limited Partnerships, Corporations, and Series LLCs for real estate investments.
- For investors with large portfolios, a Series LLC is often the optimal structure.
- For additional information on Entity Formation, please visit our Business Entity Formation Page.
- Our lawyers will ensure that you have processes in place to conduct the comprehensive due diligence necessary for real estate investment transactions.
- The use of debt in real estate transactions has a large impact on the financial results of the investment. Wisely using debt financing can help to amplify returns. On the other hand, debt can amplify losses on unsuccessful investments.
- Our attorneys can help review your loan terms and contracts, provide referrals to alternative sources of financing, and assist in negotiating the terms of your loan agreement.
- Our lawyers can also provide advice and draft the necessary paperwork for equity financing.
- Our lawyers can advise when a standardized contract is best. In situations where a custom contract is needed, our attorneys can draft the necessary documents to protect your interests.
- Our lawyers can review and provide comments on both standardized and custom contracts.
- Our lawyers can help you understand any title issues affecting your property, assist in curing title issues, and advise on any necessary endorsements to the title policy.
If you would like an attorney to advise on a real estate investment transaction, follow the steps outlined in the Get Started Now section below. For additional information on our online consultation process and hourly rates, please visit our Online Consultations Page.
Getting Started with Real Estate Investment Representation
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough, but precise summary of your investment opportunity and services being requested. Please list any pertinent facts affecting your transaction and any questions you may have. Attach all relevant documents to this initial email. The contents of your initial email will remain confidential.
- Within 1-2 business days (often faster), you will receive a response to your email with a quote, payment link, and engagement letter for the initial consultation based on the summary of your real estate investment opportunity, and the length and complexity of the documents attached.
- In no circumstance will you be charged more than your initial consultation quote (full representation) or the quoted flat-fee (flat-fee structure), unless you give written authorization to proceed with the representation. After the initial consultation, you may agree to proceed on an hourly basis, on a flat fee if available, or you may decide to end the representation.
Please note, the information on this webpage should not be considered legal advice and is strictly for informational purposes. Any interaction with this webpage or initial correspondence with our attorneys does not qualify as providing legal advice or retaining legal representation. Legal advice is available only to clients who have an executed Engagement Agreement with Forbes Barrentine Law PLLC. Forbes Barrentine Law PLLC does not provide legal advice relating to federal or state income taxes.