ABOUT EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR LAW SERVICES
Businesses inevitably face issues with employees that often disrupt the workplace and can negatively impact the overall performance of the business. Of the wide variety of issues that can arise between an employer and employee, many of them can be prevented by consulting with an attorney during the early stages of your business. Working with a lawyer to preemptively mitigate workplace disputes can help your business create a healthy workplace and avoid the expenses associated with litigation or arbitration. Our lawyers can assist in building a strong employment structure for your business through various legal methods, including the following:
- Drafting Employee Handbooks and Employee Policies
- Reviewing Employment Contracts
- Securing Intellectual Property
- Non-Competes and Non-Disclosure Agreements
While comprehensive employee workbooks and policies can close the door on most employee disputes, issues often arise before businesses fully address the areas mentioned above. Once an employee dispute begins, it is crucial for a business to retain an attorney as early as possible in the dispute to prevent further damage to the relationship and business. Our attorneys can navigate your business through various disputes including the following common issues:
- Executing Terminations and Layoffs
- Compensation Disputes
- Wrongful Termination Disputes
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) Disputes
- Issues Relating to Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation
If you or your business are currently facing a workplace dispute and you would like to get in contact with one of our attorneys, follow the steps outlined in the Get Started Now section below. For additional information on our online consultation process and hourly rates, please visit our Online Consultations Page. Our attorneys recommend getting ahead of any potential issues by retaining general counsel services as early in the life of your business as possible. Free consultations are available for general counsel services. You may visit our General Counsel Services Page and Employee Handbooks Page for additional information of these and other legal topics.
Getting Started with Employment and Labor Law Services
- Email email@example.com with a thorough, but precise summary of your dispute or issue. Please list the facts affecting your situation and any questions you may have. Attach all relevant documents to this initial email. The contents of your initial email will remain confidential.
- Within 1-2 business days (often faster), you will receive a response to your email to setup a consultation.
- After the initial consultation, you may agree to proceed on an hourly basis, on a flat fee if available, or you may decide to end the representation.
Please note, the information on this webpage should not be considered legal advice and is strictly for informational purposes. Any interaction with this webpage or initial correspondence with our attorneys does not qualify as providing legal advice or retaining legal representation. Legal advice is available only to clients who have an executed Engagement Agreement with Forbes Barrentine Law PLLC. Forbes Barrentine Law PLLC does not provide legal advice relating to federal or state income taxes.